Saudi Arabia to Ban recruitment of Expats in several Hospitality Jobs The Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia announced its plan to ban expatriates soon from several hospitality jobs in order to create more job opportunities for nationals in its Saudization.
The Saudization policy will be implemented starting from December this year, It covers hotels (3 Star and above), resorts, as well as hotel apartments (4 star and above).
- All the jobs will be restricted for Saudi men and women in the areas including reservation, purchases, marketing and front desk With exceptions bellboy, parking valet, driver and doorman.
- The ban of expats is also applicable on hotel deputy manager, director and assistant director of sales, fitness club supervisor, restaurant or cafe waiter, tourism inquiry clerk, executive secretary and administrative coordinator.
- At least one Saudi will be in the supervisor role on food and beverages, room service, events and laundry.
- This decision bans recruiting expats on this positions directly or indirectly, transfer of services, or assigning work to them for the jobs mentioned. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia allowed businesses to open for 24 hours on a fee
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia stressed that firms that violates the decision will be penalized as per the applicable regulation.